If you’re looking to conceal carry, shoulder holsters can be a great option. They offer a discreet and secure way to carry your firearm without sacrificing comfort or mobility. However, with so many different types of shoulder holsters available, finding the right one can be a challenge. In this article, we’ll take a look at some important factors to consider when choosing a shoulder holster, and offer some tips on how to make the best decision for your needs.
1. Comfort: When it comes to a shoulder holster, comfort is key. If you’re going to be wearing it for extended periods of time, it’s important that the holster is comfortable against your skin and has padding in the right places. Look for shoulder holsters that are adjustable, so you can customize the fit to your body. Also, remember that the weight of your firearm will play a role in how comfortable the holster is to wear. Make sure the holster you choose can support the weight of your firearm without causing discomfort.
2. Concealment: Another important factor to consider when choosing a shoulder holster is concealment. You want a holster that will keep your firearm hidden from view, but also allow for quick and easy access if you need it. Look for holsters that have adjustable straps and allow you to position your firearm in a way that works best for you. You may also want to consider the type of clothing you’ll be wearing when carrying your firearm, as this can impact how well your shoulder holster stays concealed.
3. Material: Shoulder holsters can be made from a variety of different materials, including leather, nylon, and neoprene. While leather is a popular choice for many due to its durability and comfort, it can also be more expensive. Nylon and neoprene are more affordable options, but may not offer the same level of durability as leather. Consider your budget and the conditions you’ll be wearing the holster in when deciding on which material to go with.
4. Accessibility: When you need to access your firearm quickly, every second counts. That’s why it’s important to choose a shoulder holster that allows for quick and easy access to your firearm. Look for holsters that have a thumb break or retention strap to keep your firearm secure, but also allow for quick release when you need it. You should also consider how the holster positions your firearm, and whether or not it interferes with any other clothing or gear you may be wearing.
5. Brand and Price: Finally, consider the brand and price of the shoulder holster you’re interested in. You want to choose a trusted brand that has a reputation for quality and durability. Don’t be swayed by low-priced options that may not offer the same level of quality or functionality as more expensive options. Remember, your shoulder holster is an investment in your safety and the safety of those around you.
Choosing the right shoulder holster is an important decision that requires careful consideration. Factors such as comfort, concealment, material, accessibility, and price should all be taken into account when making your decision. By doing your research and taking the time to choose a shoulder holster that fits your needs, you can feel confident and secure when carrying your firearm.