Some points of interest are the planet M., the former German pavilion, some of the Nations \\\” free pavilions, the Expowale, the EXPO-Plaza and the EXPO-gardens (Parc Agricole, EXPO-Park South and the gardens of change). Hanover was thus a gateway to the Rhine, Ruhr and Saar river valleys, their industrial areas which grew up in the southwest and the plains regions to the East and the North, for the overland traffic along the resin between the Benelux countries and Saxony or Thuringia.
- The city is renowned for its designer buses and the street, the TW 6000 and TW 2000 trams, the best-known examples.
- A major focus is on film, video, contemporary music and architecture, room installments and big presentations of contemporary paintings, sculptures and video art.
- The most popular are the CeBIT, the Hanover fair, the Domotex, the Ligna, the IAA Nutzfahrzeuge and the Agritechnica.
- Overland travel was relatively difficult, its position on the upper navigable reaches of the river helped him to grow through the expansion of trade.
- Jointly with a factory of German tire and automobile parts manufacturer Continental AG, a coal-fired power plant.
- A large global reinsurance company, Hannover re, based in the East of the city.
- The primeval Department shows the primeval history of lower Saxony and the Folklore Department shows the cultures from all over the world.
- Another tourist sight in Anderten is the Hindenburg lock, which was the largest Palace in Europe at the time of its construction in 1928.
- Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.
- Below are the names of the universities and some of the important schools including newly opened Hannover Medical Research School in 2003 for attracting the students from biology background from around the world..
- With around 40 parks, forests and gardens, a couple of lakes, two rivers and one canal, Hanover offers a variety of recreational activities.
- Semi-Salic law, which required succession by the male line, if possible, ban the accession of Queen Victoria in Hanover.
- Some of the most important musical-productions are the rock musicals of the German rock musician Heinz Rudolf Kunze, which take place at the Garden theatre in the Big garden.
(May 2009) ( Learn how and when you remove this template message ).
The Oktoberfest Hannover is the second largest Oktoberfest in the world with around 160 rides and Inns, two large beer tents and around 1 million visitors each year. Hanover is of national importance because of its universities and medical school, its international airport and its large zoo. The collection of the works of Wilhelm Busch and the extensive collection of caricatures and critical graphics is this museum unique in Germany. Arminia Hannover is another very traditional soccer team in Hanover that has played in the first League for years and plays now in the Niedersachsen-Liga-West (lower Saxony League West). Some of the other important events are the Calenberger cabaret weeks, the cabaret Hannover Festival and the winter variety. Other great markets include the Christmas markets in the city of Hanover in the old town and the city centre and the Lister Meile. It was only the troops from Hanover and Braunschweig, which are consistently against France throughout the Napoleonic wars. On the edge of the old town, the market hall, the Leine castle and the ruins of the Aegidien Church which is now a memorial to the victims of war and violence.
Klacht oplossen? Meld je klacht op
KLEUSBERG – Aktuell – Aktuell
- The focus is on classical modern art with the collection of Kurt Schwitters, works of German expressionism, and French cubism, the Cabinet of abstracts, the graphics and the Department of photography and media.
- So, in Hanover, William IV’s brother, ernst August passed, and a Kingdom remained until 1866, when it was annexed by Prussia during the Austro-Prussian war.
Since 2001 it has been part of the district Hanover ( Region Hannover ), which is a municipal body made up of the former district ( Landkreis Hannover ) and city of Hanover (note: although both Region and Landkreis are translated as district they are the same). This so-called Red thread marks the walk starts at the Tourist Information office and ends on the Ernst-August-square in front of the main train station. His voters would later kings of great Britain (and from 1801, of the United Kingdom of great Britain and Ireland ). Like the Great garden, the Berggarten also consists of several parts, for example the Paradies and the Prairie Garden. The state gallery shows the European art from the 11. The landmark of this fun fair is the biggest transportable Ferris wheel in the world (60 m or 197 ft high). The highlight of this funfair is the 12 kilometres (7 mi) long Parade of the marksmen with more than 12.000 participants from all over the world, including approximately 5,000 archers, 128 bands and more than 70 wagons, carriages and big festival vehicles. until the 20th century, the nature Department shows the Zoology, Geology, botany, Geology and a Vivarium with fishes, insects, reptiles and amphibians.. In October 1938, 484 Hanoverian Jews of Polish origin were expelled to Poland, including the family Grynszpan.