Unreliability of Radiometric Dating
On the surface, radiometric Dating methods appear to give strong support for the statement that life existed on earth for hundreds of millions, even billions of years. Also the fact that there is no worldwide unconformity above the Great Unconformity suggests that there was no break in this continuous pattern of deposition, and that the geological column (up to a certain point, maybe somewhere in the Mesozoic era) has been determined, all at once.. Heating and deformation of rocks can cause it to migrate and that these atoms, and water percolating through the rocks can transport these substances and follow them. There is, however, a very small amount of lead with the uranium; if the uranium had in hundreds of millions of years, then it should lead to much more. Thus, you would know that any strontium is present had to come from the parent rubidium, so that by the calculation of the ratio and knowing the half-life you can calculate the age. It seems reasonable that gas would collect at the top of these chambers, causing artificially high K-Ar radio-metric age. But there are a number of the more outstanding anomalies in radiometric Dating, the have collected creationists. She also noted that for the anomalies to be taken into account by excess argon, unreasonably high partial pressures of Ar during crystallization would have to be required. Because the magma does not usually has old radiometric ages, I do not see how we could have magma without Pb or Sr., In General, older rocks should have more argon because it is subject to more exposure to such argon, but their true age is not necessarily with their K-Ar radiometric age
Unreliability of Radiometric Dating
158-159; CRSQ, 1968, 5:2, p. It seems to me that a single lava would flow might not mix well, and thus the age-related that of the magma and not the time of the river.
- Suppose that X is a mother is a substance, Y is his daughter, and Z is a non-radiogenic isotope of the daughter.
- The United State Geological Survey carried out studies that gave a C14 date as recent as 3300 years ago, but no text treats find such puzzles, and is also in historic times (Velikovsky, 1955, p.
- Here is a remarkable example of C14 is released difficulties in a book by Stanford University Press.
- And if we remember that most of the radiometric Dating of igneous bodies, one sees that the proportion of anomalies is meaningless.
There are reports of up to 8 feet (2 m) of deposition in 60 years and like amounts of erosion during a single flood event. For example, the dates can be accepted, even if signs of weathering, and not be rejected, if it is not. Another one of my students gave a seminar to the lab on dendrochronology of fossil trees and had ample opportunity to analyze the process and to work with Ferguson for a while. We must confine ourselves to avoid the places where Gi is exposed, that you dig deep into the earth.. 67).
- In addition, it is possible that the craters were chosen as those for which the dating methods are agreed upon.
- It just means that there is enough accuracy in the measurements to compute t to one or two percentage points of accuracy, where t is the time required for, the observed ratio of daughter to parent, assuming no initial daughter product was in the beginning not a subsidiary or parent company, to enter and exit the system..
- This applies also, if the earth is really 4.5 billion years old.
- I showed that the fact that the great majority of dates come from a System of (K-Ar) and the fact that a lot of magma have bodies very wide biostratigraphic limits, where many dates are acceptable, makes the percentage of anomalies irrelevant to the question I am asking.
- Dalrymple (1984, p.
- But because these were not made in several mixing tests are difficult and expensive, you may very often.
- Analysis of all the archaeological evidence shows, however, that the village was occupied no more than 500 years, before it finally abandoned (Custance, 1968, mortar samples can be given normal C14 tests since mortar absorbs carbon dioxide from the air.
- This amount of argon is to increase enough 20 times the volume of magma to a K-Ar age of 570 million years, and probably 200 times the volume of the magam to an age of 57 million years.
- If one adds that many of the anomalies are dark point, he gives evidence for the true distribution of pure conjecture.
- Ring patterns are strongly correlated for the two trees of the same species growing in the vicinity of each other at the same time.
- The fact that C14 is still in the atmosphere shows that the earth recently went through a kind of catastrophe, and this increase is even admitted by some evolutionists.
- For example, different types of quartz that are included in different colors due to various impurities, but is not part of the repetitive unit of the quartz crystal.
- I realize that geologists say the polystrate fossils (trees that went through many layers) later on, but these fossils are very common, and a logical corollary of catastrophic deposition.
If so, then the question is, for super isochrones on the geological column, which can be shown not to be caused remains, by mixing, how they correlate with other methods and with the expected dates for their geologic period. In the atmosphere of the earth, Ar40 99.6% of the total argon. 85) cites a source (Kramer, Arndts and Overn, Bible-Science Newsletter, 1981), the mixing test, 18 Rb-Sr isochrones from the literature and found that almost all of them had correlations suggesting a mixing. It must also be determined whether the daughter products for methods other than the uranium-lead Dating result isochrones among the different meteorites.